As much as I’d like to give you a great and entertaining post today…
I am a bit too busy for that – just right now.
So… I will leave a small snippet of what is going on here at the “Newie Zoo” today. This is mainly for a couple of you that tend to worry if I haven’t left a post in a few days! (And yes… it is a blessing to have friends and family that care enough to worry about you when they don’t hear from you!)
1. Taking care of three kids with colds at different stages:
- One has an ear infection already. Been to the doctor and is on antibiotics. At least he told me it hurt before it got REAL bad like it usually does. (But… it’s been a year and a half since his last one!! So… Yaay.)
- One has bad congestion in his chest and after a rough night and fever, is coughing horribly today. He refuses to believe he is actually sick and is hard to rope and bring in!
- The third one just started his cold today. He has gone threw a box of tissues already and is quite cranky that his brothers “gave” this too him!
2. Making all the potions and remedies I know of:
- I’ve made “Mama’s Potion“, Hummus (full of garlic), cinnamon capsules and Garlic Soup for them.
- As well as chest rubs with Vicks, supplements, herbal tea, Airborne, and a glass of water every half hour.
3. Determined to give all my ailing fruits and veggies a proper burial in a recipe or freezer:
- zucchini/rice bake
- sweet potato puree in freezer
- 12 over ripe bananas mashed and in freezer
- 5 lbs of apples (about to die) peeled, cored and chopped – ready for freezer and a cake.
- Guacamole (with LOTS of garlic) done and almost consumed!
4. A mountain of laundry to climb:
- No explanation needed here… boys = lots of dirty clothes.
SO… I’m off to the kitchen again! It was nice to sit here for awhile and rest while I posted this!
I have some pictures I can’t wait to show you… and a new recipe to share… but it will have to wait until later! Maybe this evening I can get some pictures on here.
Hope you all have a wonderful day!